Junster, Washington St.

Junster

Local time
10:01 PM
Hi. I'm 53, found your forum the other day when seaching for Motored Bike info. I'm in sw washington state, pretty good mechanic, passable welder. Broke my shoulder a couple months ago on my Mt. bike cause I forgot I'm not 22. I haven't bought a motor yet but this is the bike I intend to use. 1952 Schwinn w/RoadMaster Springer. Will change out the red band rear hub first. Think this would be a good choice? Or should I just use my Mt. Bike?

Attachments

• P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 121
to AzBill

Thanks I'm the guy that emailed you about not being able to post. Tom fixed it for me this morning. (thanks again Tom) The front end is a cantalever from a roadmaster totally smooth action.

Yes, definately go with the cruiser. BTW, southwest WA eh? There's quite a few of us MBers in Ocean Park which is just about as far southwest as you can get. Are you anywhere close?

I was living in Nahcotta, I moved to Longview for the winter to help care for my Mom. I maybe back this sping. You the guy with the black extended frame MB?

Good to meet ya!

The '52 Schwinn is a perfect candidate for motorizing, and that Roadmaster 'Shockmaster' is the best in vintage suspension forks, IMO. Though you may want to find new springs for it as on mine the 50+ year old springs are no longer as strong as they once were.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=13031&highlight=Black+Sunshine&page=3
As for the rear hub, I would just rebuild the Bendix R.B. and roll with it, I use them and have had good results.:cool:
Rif

Last edited by a moderator:
So the axle in the red band will take the abuse then? Cause I could just lace a new Workman rim on it. I was just worried about damaging a very old hub that works perfect. What about wear and tear on the internal disk coaster brake?

Back