Just another Aussie!

:eek: Look at that! ^ ^ ^

Jebus! fellas, he's doing it! A trans!!!

red, many here desire a multi-geared power driveline with these Chinese two stroke installations... some have posed about perhaps "trying" it, but in my short time here I've seen no actual evidence of an attempt until now.

How's an Aussie say, "I am impressed, sir!"

LOL.

Some say those multi-geared internal (coaster brake) hubs won't take the power... I think if the 7-speed Shimano Nexus hub that I have on my regular cruiser bicycle can take my 220 lbs through a one-foot-long crank arm and some chain... and that these lil' engines produce no where near that amount of torque... then... (This particular discussion really should go into a tech forum thread...)

Good on you, mate! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

:)~

Last edited by a moderator:
Fork U

The Hellbourne crew are at http://www.hellbournechoppers.com

I have been to your 'inspiration' website and found the perfect set of forks from a link there. I have been looking for the perfect set of forks with suspension for a while now and have found them at crossbow cycles. They have a monarch style set and have already e-mailed them to get them sent here to Adelaide.:) They are also well priced and come with a disk brake bracket as an option.

Excellent mods.:p

Nice one.

rainy days & mundees

Image for you Bean Oil. " Look at that! ^ ^ ^ Jebus! fellas, he's doing it! A trans!!!"

Compliments of Z-Box Motors site on the Bike Builders page. The image is of a center-mounted 8spd hub. BTW my hub is a free-wheeler scavenged from a late '60's Malvern Star Dragster. These were rebadged Schwinns I reckon.

@ Go you good thing, ta for the link. Very inspirational images and have noted a few, plus an assortment of their gratuitous cycle fluff. Couldn't see a link to parts dept though. A big issue for me is acquiring a pair of 24" x 3" rims for my Dyna tyres. I currently use the 24 x 50mm rims off the old dragster. Emailed Choppers US but never replied. The tyres I ordered successfully from Street-Lowrider at half the Aussie cost and that included freight.

Couldn't afford a new fork-set, so it was a steep learning curve in fabricating them, but i have a nice setup these days. If anybody wants the dimensions etc., only too happy to oblidge. A big mistake was using Bunnings mild-steel for the fork-blades. The new 25mm OD high-tensile tube is on order from a national metal merchant.

Attachments

• Zbox_shimanohub.jpg
    Zbox_shimanohub.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 140
Thanks, red... That's pretty cool. :D

Is the 3-speed internal you're using labeled "Nexus"? Here in the 'states my Shimano internal 7-speed coaster brake hub is called Nexus. That one's on my standard bicycle, not my motored one. Eh... I guess I've said that already.

The text stamping reads, 'shimano 3speed Hub and then a US patent #. Perhaps they didn't have Nexus in the late 1960's.

Attachments

• shimano3spdhub.jpg
    shimano3spdhub.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 135
Oh.

That's a '60's bit? Then does the shift cable route through the axle? I forgot about those...

Now then: What's in the background of that pic? Looks like a fibreglas version of a '67 Ford Mustang roofline... although I realize that whatever it is may be entirely 'strine.

Thanks, reddbak!

The cable sure does go through the hollow axle. I mated it up to a side-shifter complete with skull on the previous build. The vehicle in the background is unfortunetly not a mustang. Although it's commonly referred to as the 'Mustang-tail' Celica.

Back