Just another Cruiser....

• Thread starter go you good thing
  • Start date
Raleigh Retroglide 2005 with aluminium frame with 70cc.

Did all the suggested things at MBc to make it a quick and reliable ride :D

1367_Before_1.jpg

1367_pic1_1.jpg

1367_pic3_1.jpg

1367_pic2_1.jpg

Danger!

I'm considering getting the Retroglide7 for my MB project. Did you remove the fenders for aesthetics or was there some issue with them?

I don't plan to ride in the rain really, but that doesn't mean the roads won't be wet. ;)

Sorry Snax, Ive been away for a while and only check the emails for MBc when back. I removed the fenders because they started to come lose. I had also just read here that it was a good idea as they can get stuck in your frame and lock up the tyre at top speed. :eek:

I hope you have read the same by now and are still alive!

gygt.

I think I've decided to get another Trek Calypso at this point.

Regardless, I think the fender issue should be easily cureable with Loctite. No doubt that anything that's not welded or glued on a MB will eventually fall off!

go you good thing,

That link you posted about your front mount is no longer functional.

I am motorizing the exact same bike, and I'd be real interested in how exactly you did the front mount.

Looks great, btw!

go you good thing,

That link you posted about your front mount is no longer functional.

I am motorizing the exact same bike, and I'd be real interested in how exactly you did the front mount.

Looks great, btw!

You think it might be because it's a 7/02/2007 post? Hasn't posted in over a year..Nothing like digging up the dead.....

Last edited:
Well . . hopefully not "dead"! :helmet:

Though thanks for bumping an old topic and reminding me of one more thing I need to fix. That sheared front down tube aint gonna weld itself! :sick:

Oh, and no, I didn't get a Retroglide for my project, opting instead for a junkyard MTB special that I pieced together and stress fractured apart after about 150 miles. I'm not willing to motorize my current junkyard cruiser either until I can afford a nicer replacement for regular riding.

Last edited:
Back