Just another idea

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
2:17 PM
Does anyone know of any opposed twin small 2 strokes with a 76mm clutch or similar centrifugal clutch? I know there are model airplane ones but they have a straight shaft for a prop. Thought about this when seeing one of those ads that popup. It would be pretty cool to have a 70cc-100cc opposed 2 stroke.

Last edited:
not many horizontally opposed twins esp. 2 stroke but there's v twins. I thought I remembered an Italian moped...

https://www.horizonhobby.com/gt80-twin-cylinder-(488-cu-in)-zene80t reportedly 6 hp stock now all we need is a clutch that would work. Perhaps there's twins used on RC cars or boats that have a centrifugal clutch. I wonder If an adapter with long bolts would allow a clutch to be fitted not on the one I mentioned though, it seems the flywheel blocks the bolts.

Last edited:
oh cool and 7500rpm isn't a problem. there's clutches for the buggies but they are really small bcs they don't need to handle but a few pounds. the PTO shaft is a threaded M10 it says. Just need a threaded sleeve to get it to a 1/2" or 5/8" bore CC then you're cookin

Imagine the sound going down the road though it would piss people the F off. The old codgers that are motorcycle haters and hate young people having fun would call the cops at first chance. But in all seriousness this seems like a worthy endeavor although some of these hobby twins are pretty pricey especially the one in the link because it is a zenoah.

the RC guys sell off their engines all the time, and on the auction sites I see lots of em go for under $400

I think those are in the 50mm range so might bolt up the only problem is most times the flywheel is on the shaft in the front because in the back is where it mounts in the plane can't be too big or else it will block the bolt holes.

I'd do a pulley and belt to a jack shaft, then regular clutch to the wheel seems cheapest drivetrain

Back