Just bought a 2005 Pacemaker II. New to Whizzer. Advice?

unoahguy

Local time
11:43 PM
Hello!

I am new to motorized bikes and just bought a 2005 Pacemaker II in Illinois yesterday. The man who sold it to me said he bought it off an elderly person in Florida who was using it as a centerpiece in his living room this winter.

Things the know about the bike:
  • 354 miles on it
  • turn signals have been removed and one chrome signal casing is broken
  • The whitewall tires are cracked
  • Some rubber housings for different engine bits are cracked
  • The battery casing is broken and is currently zip-tied to the frame
  • It is missing its owner's manual and I would want one
  • It is missing a vehicle title (I don't know if that is standard for Whizzers)
In the future, I want to put a luggage rack on the rear and affix new chrome turn signals. I think this will be a fun project!

Lastly, since I am new to Whizzer, I have yet to turn it on myself because I am a little nervous I'll mess something up. The man who sold it said it starts differently than other motorcycles.

Do you have any advice or comments that may help me on my journey?

whizzer1.jpg
whizzer2.jpg
whizzer3.jpg
whizzer4.jpg
whizzer5.jpg
whizzer7.jpg
whizzer8.jpg
whizzer6.jpg

Fire it up! See if it will start, and see how she runs
Intake valve .008" Exhaust .010" spark plug gap .025"

Last edited:
It's a 2005 NE-5 For more HP move cam timing mark one tooth counter clockwise from crank gear mark

I just copied this from another post on forum,....The NE5 came to being in late 2004. Prior to that was the WC-1. Both motors are 138 cc but the NE5 corrected a major problem the WC-1 had. WC-1's had a nasty habit of loosing a valve seat after several hundred miles. This was only repairable by replacing the cylinder. A few people successfully modified or repaired these cylinders put it was very costly. The NE5 is the motor of choice for the modern Whizzers. The NE5 has more and larger cooling fins, a larger carb, and a large crankcase breather hose. There are many many other differences too. You can learn a lot by looking at the pictures of both motors.

I just copied this from another post on forum,....The NE5 came to being in late 2004. Prior to that was the WC-1. Both motors are 138 cc but the NE5 corrected a major problem the WC-1 had. WC-1's had a nasty habit of loosing a valve seat after several hundred miles. This was only repairable by replacing the cylinder. A few people successfully modified or repaired these cylinders put it was very costly. The NE5 is the motor of choice for the modern Whizzers. The NE5 has more and larger cooling fins, a larger carb, and a large crankcase breather hose. There are many many other differences too. You can learn a lot by looking at the pictures of both motors.

Thank you! I tried starting it once yesterday, but it didn't seem to work. I heard that batteries might not be the best one these things? How should I run a diagnostic?

Thank you! I tried starting it once yesterday, but it didn't seem to work. I heard that batteries might not be the best one these things? How should I run a diagnostic?

It will run off the stator with a dead battery. But get a good battery as that will help run your electrical system.
Check for spark Check compression. Set valve lash. Check fuel.

Last edited:
Back