Just bought a 4-cycle China engine kit - problems right away

Welcome aboard. Try to consolidate your questions into one thread or just a few threads. Maybe "My 4stroke build problems" or something. I haven't built a 4stroke kit but there was little instruction with the 2stroke china engine either. This site is a godsend. As they say: be patient, read read read, and post your questions. People will be glad to help.

Edit: What kit did you buy?
Actually, I DID consolidate my questions into a "few" threads. And I used the particular problem in the title of each thread to be as informative as possible. Your reply was to my introduction, which is strictly required here, and you're scolding me for even my introduction?

i don't read "scolding" in the response, HWM...we have a methodology that works, tho it is a bit unorthodox to the new arrival, and all mickey was doing was cluing you in...

yes, your posts were properly composed, but we've learned that mutiple question-topics scatter & fragment info...what i did was consolidate them for organizational purposes...as we grow so fast and get pretty crowded at times, we try to maintain a single personal "build topic"...

our "introduce yourself" policy helps more than it hurts, it's a great way for staff to assertain, at a glance, what we can expect from the new sign-up...that frees us up to move on to our regular patrol-duties, which we would much rather do than push the new guy in all the right directions.

we also insist our members use the search feature before starting new topics, in case the subject already exists. if it does exists, then post your relevant question as a "reply" in that thread...

all of this is our best effort to keep things fresh and relevant, but in order for it to work, we need all active members to participate...that's what mickey was doing by steering a new arrival in the right direction. it wasn't a dig, you just misunderstood...

welcome to MBc :cool:

Dude!

Touchy. I wasn't going to get involved in this fracas but now I'm called out by name. Dude! Is it now your intent to p-off everybody, when they are trying to be helpful to you?

I shouldn't have to say this but apparently I do, when dealing with strangers, especially when you want their help, try to assume the best intent from what people write rather than to assume the worst. People here aren't going to gratuitously attack you, we don't even know you. This place, like most forums, has developed its own methods, organization, slang and humor. Deal or don't, but don't move here and then tell us how much better it was where you came from. (a little humor that southerners and Texans will appreciate) :)

I'm going to go start a WhiteArea thread where anyone can go and whine their rebellious-emo-teenager-you're-not-the-boss-of-me-forum-nazi carp and keep the technical areas clear of personalities.

Good day to you, sir.

EDIT: Woot!, I'm at 500 posts! Not the kind of post I hoped for at that milestone but hey, what ya gonna do.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY congratulations mickey,500 posts and all that i've seen well worthwhile....my my how time does fly. :cool:

Good instructions info BlackMikeyBikey.Im sure they will help a lot of people .The instructions that come with the Birddog kit are almost unreadable.

Dang Mickey, you Vicious Southern Serpant! Ha Ha. Hey Highwayman, if you knew Mickey like we do, you should rethink your attitude alittle. He was only offering a little guidence. I understand having an off day but don't take it out on us. Try again and we can still help you. (if you want it).

Back