just finished almost nirve switchblade (my version)

took for second test ride so far so good went with the smaller rear tire but have since read blazes post so may go with fatter tire later ( had to get in the wind since ratfink bike broke apart still working on that to went with a gas tank instead of trying to use the top tube for a tank it just doesnt look like it would hold a lot of gas besides i like these little tanks anyway to late for the bike of the month maybe next month haha! on my trip to starbucks the sheriff pulls up they go in get a cup of coffee come back out stare at my bike for like 30 seconds turns to me and says tricked out bike dude and off they went cool any way enjoy the photos i only have a phone camera so pics could be better so far my only issue is the vibration in the pedals starts at about 21 or22 mph and makes me back off will work on (tinglefoot) other than that went with the engine that was in the rat fink so i didnt have to brake in a new engine larry ca
141_IMAGE_00113_2.jpg

141_IMAGE_00108_2.jpg

141_IMAGE_00109_1.jpg

hey blaze good to hear your imput. so yours vibrates about the same huh thats good to hear so wether the engine is higher or lower doesnt seem to matter much so ill go with the metal on metal and pull the motor mount and put some innertube stuff under the mount and maybe on the motor mounts on the post and seat post see if that calms it down abit im good till about n21 22 mph regular cruzing speed but once and a while i get this iching to stomp on it when im in a safe road to do so my rat fink bike was funney it vibrated about 17 18 mph but once you got past that it was smooth sailing . same kinda motor mount i used almost but itworked till she vibrated apart on the top tube but this nirve looks alot more solid top tube anyway im calling them california choppers( the look ) these are one enginering feat to build one of these yours more cause of the sprocket and using a fattyo tire was a major accomplishment larry ca

About the rubber

Guys, don't know if you want to hear this or not, but I put rubber between my engine and the frame, both front and rear, and it still vibrates BAD. I had ground out the curves on the mounts to install the engine on a chopper bike, gave up on it because of all the problems, so then had to fill the extra space when I installed it in the new frame. The front rubber on mine is inner tube thickness, and the rear is about 1/4" thick...a piece of puckup truck bed liner. I'm thinking the engine is just inadequately ballanced.

Yeah, I want to hear it. It means I don't have to pull my motor off and redo the mounts. If it isn't going to make a big difference, I'm not going to bother with it.

Burger- I posted an article in the how-to section showing the new ugly-but-tough coaster brake arm I designed. The article is basically how to use a fatty tire. The hardest part is making the brake arm unless you know somebody who can weld. I always have to get it done at a local garage by a guy who doesn't mind working on this kind of stuff. I would get some 12 gauge spokes on order eventually. Mine would last about six months of moderate riding, then the ends at the hub would pop off. The second time I had to replace them, I used 12 gauge spokes. I had to have my spokes special made because of the odd length.

finally.. got around to working on the motor mount and put a rod from the main pole up to the down tube il post a pick as soon as i can . but the good news is th pedal vibration is totally gone so i can crank it up past 21 miles and hour . yeah!!!!!!!! 1,285 miles on it so far...

big thank you to tirebiter for making that photo suggestion it worked like a charm thanks tirebiter.

used a piece of handle bar to make the brace and some muffler clamps works real gooooood!!!!

Attachments

• Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Picture 088.jpg
    Picture 088.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 086.jpg
    Picture 086.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 354
I like it! and I agree with everyone else got to get both ends of that engine tired to the bile firmly. I always check the clamps on mine to make sure it stays tight.

finnally took my switchblade apart and had the motor mount bar welded to the frame and then dismatiled it and sent it to the powdercoater just got it back and will begin putting it back together soon just waiting on some parts to arrive happy trails larry ca

Attachments

• Picture 120.jpg
    Picture 120.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 339
Back