Just finished installing engine on bike...But wont run =(

THANK YOU!!!

I took Larry's suggestion that it might have been being grounded. So what i did was looked at all the wires and insulated them all. Re installed back the CDI, checked the sparkplug clearance (it was a little small so i made it bigger), and set everything back to default and made a little prayer.

I went into the alley went down the hill let go of the clutch, and vrooooooooommm!! frankenstein came back to life...

so lots of ThankS to everyones suggestions and from being extremely helpful...i love you guys!

Going to take pictures of my ride soon.

Thanks again, i gotta go, gotta go, cruisin!!!

augidog said:
now, that's what i'm talkin' about!

MBc rocks...great job, guys 8)

yes you guys rock!!!

but s**tty thing was it stopped working again lolz... it was working fine...then i was going down hill... so i was just rolling...when i got to the bottom, it lost power and i tried playing around with the skrew and the choke but it wouldnt want to start... i then had to walk up this big ass hill and got to my work so i ditched it there.

when i was playing around with the skrew... 1 turn, 2 turns, 3 turns, 3.5 turns, 4 turns.. well one of them... and i felt a little stutter..like a little pull but then it just shuts off...

my bike has the same symptoms as it had when i found out about it being grounded... so what do guys think it is this time? is it being grounded again? or is my carb settings incorrect. is it my cdi malfunctioning? damn...i dont know anymore...i keep on thinking of new things... like maybe it's the clutch put some grease haha..but i dont think it's that.

oops, guess i spoke too soon :/

ok, you're sure all electrical connections are well-insulated from ground & each other? plug-cable all the way seated? plug gapped to .030 and clean?

that said, it sounds like fuel to me...you might have to take the bowl off and make sure the float/needle are working smoothly. be on the lookout for debris while you're in there.

that's my guess, it'll work out 8)

dam i hate it when problems like this happen and its not even my bike its still frustrateing. but ya like i said give the idle screw 1 and a half turns dont choke the motor make shure the wires are connected right gas valve is open ALSO MAKE SHURE THE BOLTS ARE ALL TITE!!!! :)

jeffspeeder said:
dam i hate it when problems like this happen and its not even my bike its still frustrateing. but ya like i said give the idle screw 1 and a half turns dont choke the motor make shure the wires are connected right gas valve is open ALSO MAKE SHURE THE BOLTS ARE ALL TITE!!!! :)

Hey!!! yeah it is reallyl frustrating..especially when it's new!! like getting a new car and finding out that sumthings wrong...but guess what???
i woke up in the morning and had an epiphany... or something like that which made me cut the white wire smaller... now it's like about an inch long or so... and then i got home hopped on the bike and vroom... its back to life again... really wierd... cause yesterday i insulated all the wires and i was pretty sure that it wasnt grounding at all!

But thanks again guys...especiallly audidog...which made me think twice about the the wires when you wrote

"ok, you're sure all electrical connections are well-insulated from ground & each other? plug-cable all the way seated? plug gapped to .030 and clean?"

Now it's breaking in time!!

Later guys!

Back