Just Finished My First Build

Here is a picture of my first build. I got it yesterday from "Boy Go Fast" from Ebay. Package came in 5 days, was well packed and the instruction were fairly easy to follow. It took me about 4-5 hours to complete, took it out and it started almost immediatly, I attribute the smooth building process to the last month I spent reading over this forum, thanks guys.
My frame is an 18" so I was a little concerned about it fiitting but as you can see from the picture it fit with plenty of room to spare. I didn't have wire ties so I just used duct tape so I could take it out for a ride, I'll change that tomorrow, but for now its "Happy Time".

DSC00823.JPG

Looks like time well spent. Hope you have alot of happy miles with it. Thanks for sharing your picture.

Looks great! I just got my boygofast kit going today too.

I'm curious....did you have any issues with the tensioner? I had to tweak mine quite a bit to get it lined up parallel with the chain and able to clamp the tube tight enough to keep it in place and rolling along? It does have a roller bearing but I even had to cut a short piece of tube (I happened to have some DOM tube) to space the nylon roller away from the tensioner plate. Maybe there was supposed to be a spacer in the kit? I have to admit I glanced at the installation instructions but never printed them out or really read them. Maybe that was the problem?:rolleyes:

In any case.....Enjoy!

Lynn

Back