just found a new engine- Pocket Bike rack mount?

bettter option

so this might work better. i hope so or the old excuse it's just a bike might need some polishing :D that's cool my anniversery is coming up. :)

Attachments

• aa.jpeg
    aa.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 542
  • bb.jpeg
    bb.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 629
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 487
That's moving in the right direction. With a 26" wheel, shoot for between 18 and 20 to 1 final ratio, crank to hub.

Good question, 'van. Looking at that thing, depending on the frame, why can't it go high and forward? Clear of the pedal crank circle, idler/chain tensioner on the seat tube, left side drive sprocket?

here's hoping

for $79 american, plus shipping, it better work.:confused: won't know for sure till i get it. was thinking the same thing as SimpleSimon, but i don't have any specs yet as far as size of the thing goes. wish i could find some before it get here. if your interested i found it here. 49cc Pit bike ATV Pocket bike Motor with Transmission. copy from 49cc to transmission and do a search in all categories on ebay. better hurry he only has 19 left.

Are you totally set on a frame mount?? Because if you wouldnt mind a rack mount, then there is instructions on how to put a pocket bike motor on a rack mount for a bike here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7996

Some guy has put a pocket bike engine (cag) in a frame mount though, its on here somewhere, I'll have a look for you.

The engines are pretty high performance engines, plus there are so many performance modifications you can do to this little screamers.

Fastboy

Revelstone, pb engines are bargains, compared to $275+ Robins/Hondas/Mitsus/Tanakas. Ya just have to fab the throttle and tank.
Right now I have a stock pb and a 10hp(supposedly)pb engine awaiting a donor bike. The HP one is bolted onto a Staton gear chain drive box, awaiting a donor bike. I'll prolly get restless, and fit it to the friction drive on my cruiser bike.
Rack mounts are much easier to install that engine, especially with Staton products.
5-7

Back