Just got my new bike and motor have a few questions

W

wardo_3000

1st. I have a electra chopper with 3'' tires have shimed the pinion over but not quite sure about the coaster brake can i just bend it to clear the engine sproket?
2nd I have ape hangers and need longer cables where can i get them and i do i fit the threaded rod with the nut on the thottle cable to the new one also how do i keep the cables from coming out of the carb and twist grip?
3rd can i use my 3 speed internal hub or do i need to get a single speed hub?
Thanks
Cain

It's tough to get your wide tire to work, but this should get you started:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=504&highlight=

Not sure about the cables. I haven't had to mess with those.

As for the three speed hub, I would imagine you should still be able to use it. The 3-speed hub only affects your pedals, not your motor, so it shouldn't matter unless the shape or size of the hub impairs the installation of the motor sprocket.

questions which bike is it the ratfink chopper? i was told by that the 3 speed hub needs to be changed to a single speed hub reason is the gears burn out fast thats what roland at sppoky tooth told me so i swiched it to a single speed hub also blazes post is real clear on building a brake arm or like me you can just change the tire to a 24.125 which is a narrow tire that will fit. also most bike stores have universal cables that you can use for the ape hangers just cut them to fit they at the bike store can show you how to do that hopefully at least they did at my local bike shop larry ca

thanks for the reply I found some cables on a motorized skateboard I have my local bike store is relacing my rear tire with free wheeling hub and dishing my tire so the sproket will hopefuly clear the tire I will let you know what happens.

Back