Just here for the technical aspects.

Nerobro

Local time
12:21 PM
Howdy,

Obviously i'm new here. I've been pondering a superlight motorcycle, and ti seems the best way to acomplish that is to put a motor on a road bike frame.

And so i'm here. I have several methods in mind. But off the bat I was wondering how big of a frame you need to install the 48-80cc moped style motors.

"Sizes 12.5", 15", 17", 18.5", 20", 22"" What size frame did you use?

I had a sneaking suspicion that that might be a difficult question to get answered around here ;-) I'm a moderate bike snob coming into a world of find a cheap bike and throw a motor in it people. *grins*

welcome

Howdy,

Obviously i'm new here. I've been pondering a superlight motorcycle, and ti seems the best way to acomplish that is to put a motor on a road bike frame.

And so i'm here. I have several methods in mind. But off the bat I was wondering how big of a frame you need to install the 48-80cc moped style motors.
well let me start off by saying hello and welcome...you will find more than just tech mech stuff...the 26" is the best fit, however once you start reading all kinds of avenues will blossom...good luck on your endeavors and happy motoring!:eek: here was my first build it is no longer....http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5438

I'm a moderate bike snob coming into a world of find a cheap bike and throw a motor in it people. *grins*

Welcome,
I am a moderate intelectual bike Brat on the fringe of society who stumbled into a world hard rubbish bike frames picked up from snoburbialand and grinded a motor in it, dudes and dudettes ! *smirk*
( we are not considered as people)

All the Best

BoltsM

Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas. 26" mountain bikes have been the kindest fit to me. "Cruiser style" 26" have more room for mounting. But you might have to slightly modify the front mount, in some cases its thicker. Fairly easy.

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 168
Hello Nero, and welcome. I've been pondering an ultralight dirtbike as well. I'm keen to see what you come up with.

Thank you for the welcome.

More 26" responses. :) Bike frames are not defined by their wheel sizes. It's a fairly common move to put 650c wheels on 700c bikes to gain fender clearance. Changing the wheel size, doesn't change the frame size. A 26" frame would be a freaking skyscraper.

Yaknow, a mountian bike with this motor on there and a big big sprocket could be one very fun trail bike.

If you've built one of these. Please, take a measurement from the center of your bottom bracket, to the center of your top tube.

Back