Just installed my 32t SPROCKET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Local time
4:48 PM
It came a few days ago. I had to drill holes in it so that it would fit, since the hole pattern was a bit smaller then what I had.

2_100_1862_1.jpg

I mounted it on the wheel, and had to remove some links from my chain. It turns out that it fit so well, I dont need that stupid roller.

2_100_1863_1.jpg

It is way easier to pedal with the clutch in with the new sprocket and no roller. It seems that stupid thing was just creating friction. It fell apart when I took it off...

2_100_1864_1.jpg

My top speed increased from about 25mph to about 35mph, without much difference in acceleration. Its really cool because at around 22-25mph, when my bike would normally be losing acceleration, it is now still charging full speed ahead. Way recommended. I am so excited to go for a ride!!!!!

It seems to me that there is alot of variation in these engines or something. I have an 80cc that I got from Kings and I can tell just looking at some of the other 80's in the gallery that mine is a cheap one. the fit and finish is crappy and it has a intake manifold that is cast alunimum that is drilled out from both ends and where they meat in the bend its off by a few mm. So what I'm trying to say is that it would do , or will do much better when the stainless steal one arives . It will flow much better. But the point is even with all its poor quality it goes fast.It will cruise at 25 all day and has no problem topping 30 with a 44 tooth sprocket. I ordered the 36 tooth and am waiting for delivery but expect it will run it the upper 30's no problem. I thought about a 32 but I may lose too much takeoff gear and I don't like to pedal .I may save up for one of Grubee's racing carbs later this spring and do some more work on the exaust flow. Also when you talk about speeds I'm 250 lbs. so its got alot of work to do just pulling itself and my fat butt around. I wish we could compare the bikes side by side and figure out the differences. Its got to be that I'm turnning more RPM than you or something.........???...... Who knows.??? Is there a way to hook up a tachometer on these engines? Tom in WV

that's sweet tom.......

try.... there all pretty much the same just grubee have heavier cylinder casting from what i can gather and maybe better bearing cannot really sp[ot any other diffrences .....please correct me if iam wrong anyone

Chieflets

If i have some speed, it does fine. Doesn't feel to have as much torque as the 44t sprocket. if it starts bogging down, ill give it a couple quick pedals to keep it going. definitely worth the extra 10mph top speed.

hi tom question what about take off from a stop do you end up peddling a bit or does it still allow for no peddle takeoffs (i guess thats the term ) hows that working out for you and does it seem smoother at higher speeds now that you can get past 25 mph. larry ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back