just installed--no control over speed/throttle

fenbields5

Local time
10:06 PM
i just installed a 49cc 2-stroke engine. everything works well except that i cant control the speed/rpms. i have adjusted the idle on the carb and tried messing with the throttle cable, but am not sure what is going on. it starts fine and then the engine just keeps going harder and harder. if i let it go, it would probably blow it gets so high. it doesnt respond at all to giving it gas from the handle. any ideas on what is going on?

i just installed a 49cc 2-stroke engine. everything works well except that i cant control the speed/rpms. i have adjusted the idle on the carb and tried messing with the throttle cable, but am not sure what is going on. it starts fine and then the engine just keeps going harder and harder. if i let it go, it would probably blow it gets so high. it doesnt respond at all to giving it gas from the handle. any ideas on what is going on?

Make Sure your Throttle control is Assembled correctly .Also make sure you Have the slide In the Carb positioned Correctly.Then check that your Cable Adjustment going into the top of your carburetor is Correct .Any air leak will Make the Engine rev high as well.

cheers

Bob

BlueCollarBike.com

better, but not complete

i put a new o-ring in the carburetor and that has helped on the outrageous revving of the engine. i still have some questions:

how do i find the needle of carb and how will i know if it is right or not?

should the engine idle while stopped?

throttle assembly and cable suggestions?

a good idle adjustement will not stoped the engine and the needle is on the end of the cable in the carb so you need to unscrew the cap to see in where the spring is .

If theres no vacume leaks and the cable tension is good.... Im on my 4th HT and all of them took about 3hrs (60 mi.) to settle and maintain a good smooth idle. Also to get the idle screw to be more adjustable. If everything looks like it should, maybe it needs a little breaking in?

I'd look at the suggestion from bluecollarbikes.

It sounds like that brass sleeve that the throttle cable hooks to is in the carb the wrong way.

Also when looking for air leaks, don't forget to check the gasket where the intake meets the engine.

Back