Just poking around for now :)

Alibi

Local time
11:35 PM
Hi all! I just signed up. I've been lurking here for a while just reading but I figured I ought to sign up sooner or later. I found out about motored bikes a few months ago and have since been looking around online and brainstorming what I want to do. At first I was thinking about doing an el cheapo chinese kit off eBay but the probable lack of quality makes me squeamish (get what you pay for sort of deal) so I'm looking into some other more reputable sources.

I'm not planning on starting a bike project till summer so for now I'm just gathering info. So far I think I'm going to get a kit from spookytooth and find a cheap bike off craigslist and have at it. After I've got it running I'm sure the mod bug will kick in and I'll start adding goodies like lights, speedo, cargo racks, etc. but we'll see.

I'm a college student so having some cheap transportation around town and on campus would be nice. I've got a mountain bike but the frame wouldn't fit a motor as-is and I don't have a way to get the bike on-campus yet. I currently commute about 30 miles to get to school but I'm moving closer this summer. I plan on putting a small hitch on my cars so I can haul the bikes with me on trips and what-not.

A few things about myself: I live in Joplin, MO and go to school in Pittsburg KS (I know I saw someone else that lives in Pittsburg KS...) and I'm working on a manufacturing engineering degree. I'm pretty handy around tools and I do most of the work on my cars myself (I currently own an '89 Buick LeSabre T Type and an '86 Pontiac Fiero GT). Otherwise I read a bunch of web comics, post on car forums, and do whatever else strikes my fancy.

Anyway, I'll be poking around for a while and after I get going on a project I'm sure I'll start asking questions :)

Welcome to MBc, neighbor.

Stop & see me some afternoon. I'm easy to find.
Ask around about "the old guy on EAST 4th street, with ALL the motor bikes".
hahaha

Last edited:
Welcome to MBc, neighbor.

Stop & see me some afternoon. I'm easy to find.
Ask around about "the old guy on West 4th street, with ALL the motor bikes".
hahaha

Sure, where about on 4th street are you? I was just thinking the other day about how much easier it is to get around Pittsburg on a bike than it is in Joplin. In Joplin, not many of the side-streets interconnect very well so to get anywhere one has to cross busy intersections full of idiots that rather run me over than give me the time of day...

I'm on east 4th...lol...not west. (my bad)

the southwest corner of 4th & Rouse.

Last edited:
Oooh, Ok I know where that is. The tech center is on Rouse so I spend a lot of time on that side of town :)

Back