Just saying hello from Louisiana!

Just wanted to make my first post in here, and say hi!

I've been looking at motored bikes for the past few years, always wanting to build one. Only recently did I take on the task... My nephew donated a broken down Schwinn OCC chopper to the cause, so it was time to take on the challenge. ;) Being low on "extra" money, I decided to make is a "Project Zero" in the spirit of a few r/c builds I and others have done on scale4x4rc.us That is, zero money spent on the build. I guess I should say though, that I've got a relatively large pile of parts in the yard, from various atvs, dirtbikes, motorcycles, and bicycles. Rather than post the entire build here, I'd rather link to it on our other site if that's ok?

Here's some pictures of it in it's current state. This also brings me to my first question, where can I find a cheap fuel tank that'll fit this bike? The one on it now, as you can see, is down right UGLY! :LOL: That said though, it does the job and allowed me to build this thing without spending the first dime. I think it deserves a fitting tank though now that it's operational!

The engine is a 90cc Honda from a '73 ST90. This thing is one WILD ride! It's FAST. :devilish: I can't tell you exactly how fast it'll go, haven't clocked it yet. I can say that it'll run faster than my dads four wheeler that'll top out at about 55mph.

The entire build can be read through here:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14469

Now I know this is more motorcycle than bike, but underneath it all, it's still a bicycle frame! :LOL:

Attachments

• stingray.JPG
    stingray.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 357
  • stingray2.JPG
    stingray2.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 259
Last edited by a moderator:
weld two cranks facing forward for pegs...there's your pedals, then ya got you a motoredbike!! :LOL: :p

it sure does look lethal...

welcome to Mbc :cool:

Thanks for the kind words and warm welcome! :)

There's also a short video of the bike on Youtube here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BWfNWcfUsM

That was before the engine was tuned properly, so it's a bit anemic there. Still gets the point across though... ;)

About the fuel tank, I see ThatsDax sells the half gallon tanks for a good price. It looks like these tanks clamp onto the top bar. How are people mounting them to the OCC bikes? It wouldn't be hard to make some little tabs to bolt it down to, but if there's a better way I'm listening! :p

Last edited:
Thanks again for the nice welcome, and the tips on mounting a tank! I've just ordered a tank and fuel valve from ThatsDax. Once it's here, I think maybe a tear-down, cleanup, coat of paint, and rebuild would do this bike some justice! :LOL:

Back