just showin' off some new bling..."Shockster" soft-tail

augidog

Local time
1:02 AM
some accidental bling..."Shockster" soft-tail

wow! what a find...i never even knew such an item existed.

when i got back from bonneville i was mentioning that a soft-tail woulda been ideal...look what i found on the 'bay...1998, beaverton, OR...company called "bikecontrol"...a very cool item, but the timing sucked, because full-suspension bikes came out about the same time, here's a really detailed article from '98: http://www.designnews.com/article/5852-Shocker_of_an_idea.php

so, it mounts to the dropouts and the existing v-brake lugs...me and don figure to adapt it to carry the gebe mount, this is gonna be TOO COOL!

Attachments

• Mvc-475f.jpg
    Mvc-475f.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,232
  • Mvc-472f.jpg
    Mvc-472f.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 811
  • Mvc-476f.jpg
    Mvc-476f.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 857
  • Mvc-474f.jpg
    Mvc-474f.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 801
  • Shockster_copy.jpg
    Shockster_copy.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,915
Last edited:
That is definitely neat!! I have never seen something like that....I wonder if they are still around?....Too bad about the price tho...but very tempting none the less....I would never have realized how well a bike with a suspension rides until I bought an old GT LTS bike off eBay.....Suspension is truly the way to go!
Andrew

Here's something, a recumbent bike shop that will put a Shockster on as an accessory if you choose! (scroll down towards bottom)

Lightning Cycle Dynamics

Dunno if you have ever been over at MTBR but they have some posts on Shockster. It's even reviewed it the "Reviews" section! Actually one guy "chronicled" his installation but it was a few years ago and the pics aren't there anymore:(

Back