...just wait 'til they discover another "motor!"

Which factor(s) allow people to change the most?

• When they own their community.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When they seek a better environment.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

banzo

Local time
2:03 PM
Bicyclists are reinventing the "Motor City" I grew up in.

Detroit is very much alive and well, and it can say as much, in part, thanks to the bicycle and bicycling culture that is developing throughout the city. Detroit is being re-imagined and re-invented as a vibrant, healthy city with strong community. So "Ride On!" Detroit!

Proof: http://vimeo.com/25805461

[Select quotes:]

Keep the kids out of the penitentiary!

...not many things in life better than riding a bike!

I lost #35 and I didn't have high-blood pressure anymore. I lost another #35 and I didn't have to shoot insulin anymore.

...with fond memories of my old, red, Schwinn Tiger on black asphalt!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's related to the video at the link he posted. It crashed my browser, though, so I'm not going to check it out any further.

Chalo

Say What? I THINK hes referring to the befits of riding in general...
It was a bit arcane... but i think i got his point.
Im not going to vote because i think the poll is filled with loaded questions...
BBB

Last edited:
cut-&-paste video link to webpage

I think it's related to the video at the link he posted. It crashed my browser, though, so I'm not going to check it out any further.

Chalo

Sorry -- I'm new here. If you cut-and-paste the link precisely it works fine. I just tested it again.

I was mugged riding my 10-speed summer of 1975 on West Grand BLVD by five youths at the bus stop with 4 adults standing by watching. So this is hopeful if some respect for bikers has developed in the ensuing 36 yrs -- especially involving youth.

Detroit is part of the problem why we're involved in oil wars. When people begin seeing bicycles as healthy for their bodies and for their community that is a major reinvention of the City -- as far as I'm concerned.

The quotes are taken from the dialogue in the video at the website.