Just won't run right...

sparky

Local time
7:39 AM
I've got another problem with my 33cc 2-stroke now...

It still lacks the mid to upper RPM oomph that it had before, but now when I've been running the bike for a mile or so, and I get to about 25mph... the engine starts to sputter for a split second, like it's not getting gas... but it never dies. It doesn't really slow down, but it's odd. My impression: Weeee-wa-weeee-wa-wa-weeeee-wa-weeeee

I'm guessing it's the carburetor. I'd really like to just go ahead and buy a Walbro or Mikuni... but I dunno what dimensions or other specs I'd need to look for.

Perhaps it is spark... dunno.

I had the same problem with my HT engine the first year I was riding. I swapped out the carb and the problem was solved. I still have no idea what the problem was or if the carb itself could have been fixed but whatever. Revs good now and I still have a spare for parts.

Yup, I don't know much about carbs, but when I first saw this one... I knew it was junk. I guess I'll just buy a new one.

How do I match the carb to my engine port and bolt holes?? Should I just contact Walbro or Mikuni directly??

Back