Kahunna's Cannondale

1 Ebay special,
1 17 year old Cannondale
32 MPH with Kahunna, Cannondale and engine.
Will try smaller round wooden wheel to see if can go faster.
Need spring.etc to give tension so round wooden roller fits firmer to wheel.
But thats tomorrow.
Wet out this afternoon, added fuel and a 15 mile jaunt around the ole home 20.
Kahunna Happy

Attachments

• Business end.jpg
    Business end.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Front Specilized City Slicker.jpg
    Front Specilized City Slicker.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 343
  • Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 575
A little update on The Cannondale and Edge scrubber drive. After nearly taking a 5 pound hammer to the TC300 I discovered anything plastic needs to be pounded into little bitty pieces! The do-hickey on the side of the carb that turns the fuel flow 90 degrees had a little crack in it. Everything would run good then kablooey. Sputtering, stopping, Could not get the ting to run. Filled it with fresh fuel. Come out the next day and all the fuel would be gone. Pull off the fuel tank. Pressure it up and could not see where fuel would leak out??? Head out and 7 or 8 miles this sputtering would start. Finally pulled the plastic do-hickey off the carb and hooked the line directly to the carb. Had to buy some longer fuel line, but problem fixed! Put about 100 miles on it this week with no problems. Next issue is keeping proper pressure for the roller against the wheel. Again a plastic do-hickey caused me a problem. First I do not want to disparage Edge. I bought this kit off Ebay and it may be several years old. But there is a plastic PVC pipe that keeps/allows the base to raise and lower allowing the friction wheel to be raised or lowered against the tire. This pipe is cut at an angle. I still have not got this part of the kit figured out yet and have yelled Calf rope to Edge and requested a manual or exploded parts sheet to see how to fix this do-hickey. Got a spring from Ace to hold everything down.
But this is my learning curve and I am enjoying this greatly. Was at the Allsups this morning getting a drink and some Harley riders on a Labor Day Run stopped for fuel and burritos, after all "There's one near you". With the Tecumseh/Cannondale my rig is more made in the USA than a Harley. When they saw the owner is a 50 yo, slightly overweight, shaved head recovering welder/biker, the kid factor went up 1000% percent. hey got a kick out of it and one wrote Edge's telephone number down. Told them about this site and maybe they will come here and see what the fun is about. Are the issues with my kit frustrating. Yea, but no more than adjusting the valves on a 38 Knuck and I am having as much fun off this thing as I did my knuck. My 17 yo nephew wants to get him one and I am accumulating parts for him one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back