Kaluna Moondog Question

grim3473

Local time
1:38 PM
I have a kulana moondog that used to have a 49 cc engine on it. will the 80cc engines still wotk with the bar welded on now? and what is a better brand of 80cc engines? one i can upgrade and make it last for years.... whats everyones opinions?

I have a kulana moondog that used to have a 49 cc engine on it. will the 80cc engines still wotk with the bar welded on now? and what is a better brand of 80cc engines? one i can upgrade and make it last for years.... whats everyones opinions?

The 80 should work as it is really a 69 or 70cc. I havent seen that much difference in any of the HT motors.

D

Would it honestly be worth it to fork out the 400 bones and buy a decent 4 cycle? im not particularly fond of the idea of disposable engines... whats the scoop guys?

Would it honestly be worth it to fork out the 400 bones and buy a decent 4 cycle? im not particularly fond of the idea of disposable engines... whats the scoop guys?

At some point all engines are disposable. I can get a replacement HT engine alone for around 65 to 70 bucks.

What is the average life ( miles ) of a 4 cycle ? I know they are far better as far as quality but you do get what you pay for. If it had an old HT motor is all the hardware still installed ? A personal choice on which way to go Id say.

it did have all installed. but being the OCD person I am, I am going to replace all the wiring and all new bearings, wheels and tires / tubes. New paint job is on the way. new fenders. When the bike reaches bike status again then Ill fork out the 400 for the 4 stroke. Cant find em right now anyways. wanna do a BEGE 4 stroke right off the bat. no point in doing cheap chinese happy times. IMHO. So ive stripped down the bike. removed every single piece that cant be removed and have started sanding / priming, while I wait for new bearings, bolts. etc etc.

Back