Kawasaki is making MB kits now?

kawasaki (huffy) did make b.m.x. bicycles back in the late 70's early 80's but not mountain bikes. actually, they were huffy bikes painted green, with kawasaki decals and logos made to look like motorcycles. I don't think that kawasaki actually built those bikes. looks like he just bought a modern day mountain bike, added some kawasaki decals, and threw a happy time motor on it.

Last edited:
I thought very excited when I saw this thread
shouldn't be fooling the old Mountainman like that

there are some bad boys on this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they like to ride those things

kawasaki (huffy) did make b.m.x. bicycles back in the late 70's early 80's but not mountain bikes. actually, they were huffy bikes painted green, with kawasaki decals and logos made to look like motorcycles. I don't think that kawasaki actually built those bikes. looks like he just bought a modern day mountain bike, added some kawasaki decals, and threw a happy time motor on it.

Sorry-

Look here: http://kawasakibikes.cyclesg.com/product.php?name=KX26 Mens&id=74026-6

ok, i'll give you that one.
But these bikes are not made by Kawasaki they are made by Cycle Force Group FOR Kawasaki.
to me, it lust looks like a regular moutain bike with kawasaki decals.

The "official licensed product" tag right below the photo says it all.
Not made by Kawasaki.

Nor does GM make the HUMMER branded mountain bikes you see at the big box stores.

I think some of us thought it was funny that the OP thought someone was trying to pass off a Happytime powered bicycle as a Kawasaki, (and ridiculed it) when in fact the HT engine was mounted on a commercially available Kawasaki branded bicycle.

Thats all.

Brand Name Licensed To Oems

There are a number of small tools with their name on them. Kawasaki just licenses the name to the importer or OEM.

You will find Zenith, Honeywell, etc. on products that are not made by the original company.

I think the Kawasaki Lit-Ion screwdriver I bought at COSTCO was made or imported by Allied Tool who has all sorts of cheap tools.

Electrolux owns many brand names such as Frigidaire.

Roybi is exclusive at Home Depot, but Sears (Craftsman) has the same basic tools but they add one cell to the pack to make a 18Volt a 19.2Volt.

Just the way modern marketing is. If you look hard enough you will probably find and other source for most products.

One company I represented for years went out of business. A US company bought the product name and a company in Brazil company bought the brand name. Go figure.

Jim

Nor does GM make the HUMMER branded mountain bikes you see at the big box stores.

I think some of us thought it was funny that the OP thought someone was trying to pass off a Happytime powered bicycle as a Kawasaki, (and ridiculed it) when in fact the HT engine was mounted on a commercially available Kawasaki branded bicycle.

Thats all.

I thought that the attempt to pass it off as a genuine Kawasaki MB was funny because we all (seasoned members) here know that the engine is an HT one. At the same time I thought it was sad because the MB scene is ever growing and I bet that there are alot of noobs that could easily get fooled into thinking that it really is an MB made By Kawasaki.
I thought it best to share what I found, to give a laugh to some, and hopefully educate some newbs as to the scams that are out there.
I knew that Kawasaki has had licensed bicycles long before I knew what a HT engine was. A friend of mine in high school had one, waaay back in 1990. They have been around for a while.
I am sorry if I have offended anyone here, that was not my intention.

Back