Keep Breaking Master links

Ap1985

Local time
12:41 AM
I have an 80cc 2-stroke kit on my bicycle, when the front studs broke it twisted the original chain that came with the kit. I started searching and many people recommend #41. So I ordered number 41 chain I used a chain tool and made it the right length and went for a ride the bike seemed smoother that before.But Since I've gotten it after about 3 miles the master link breaks. Has anyone else had this issue?

That's my guess. Or the master link is to wide to fit between the case and cover.

Try a 420 chain much tuffer or order several links for ebay.
You might have an over compress head if it's breaking on dropping the clutch use 2 head gaskets.
Make sure your gear drive is alighn with your motor.

I have an 80cc 2-stroke kit on my bicycle, when the front studs broke it twisted the original chain that came with the kit. I started searching and many people recommend #41. So I ordered number 41 chain I used a chain tool and made it the right length and went for a ride the bike seemed smoother that before.But Since I've gotten it after about 3 miles the master link breaks. Has anyone else had this issue?

If you have fixed the front motor mount, you should go back to the #415 chain it was made to run with, a new one. The old chain is junk.

I tried #41 on my first build for a while, found it heavy and sloppy - without a master link.

Back