keep it or sell it ???? what would you do ???

i am haveing a hard time right now, i made this biketo sell but i fell in love, soooo what would you do

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpg
    IMG_0175.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 455
i am haveing a hard time right now, i made this biketo sell but i fell in love, soooo what would you do

If you are having a hard time, I'd sell it. Just don't give it away. You can make another at a later date. Now if it is your only transportation, then I'd say no. If you sell...finished it up.

lol not haveing a hard time selling it, havent tryed yet , i just plan fell for it as it was comeing together , and i do have two others , just not as kool

Life is short. Love is hard to come by. You love the bike, so KEEP it!

Now, if you can get a gas tank to fit into that space beneath the top tube and the two struts: fantastic.

(That is a very nice build. I like the style a lot.)

Last edited:
well, in my opinion, no matter what you decide to do, you have already ruined the frame by drilling it for the engine mount.
if you sell it, you may not get as much money for it as you think.
If it were my bike, the first thing i'd do is clean up the wiring, relocate the cdi to a hidden spot and install a better, longer spark plug wire.
I'd build a custom exhaust, and a custom gas tank for it...then i'd keep it.
it's a pretty cool looking bike, but i personally would have done things differently on it if I were building it.
Just my opinion.

really the hole in the frame is what dose it , not the fact that i cut off the seat tube , thats fine ? lol "ruined" a new chines made huffy lol ok if you say so , looks like im keeping the ruined custom, but thanks for your input it is good to have P.S i welded the idler puller to the fraim lol hows that for ruined?

Last edited:
well, i guess you can't really ruin a chinese made huffy frame....they are ruined when new.
but, what i meant was that the frame will eventually break where you drilled it.
cut the seat post tube off...I do that to all of my bikes to get that seat slammed as low as possible.
you're lucky you didn't burn through the frame when you welded the idler pulley to it.
trust me, i'm all about custom bikes and cutting stuff up, but drilling a frame (no matter what frame it is) is a bad idea because eventually, it will break where you drilled it.
have you ever seen my bike?

no i dont think i have seen your bikes, how many do you have ?? and i had a great welder to use and its not my frist time working matel

I guess if you enjoy it, keep it. Or set the sale price at what ever it feels worth to you. As they say, 'everything is for sale...for a price'

On a side note, I've seen a few bikes like this, with the head 'reversed' from the normal position - ie the spark plug leans to the intake side as opposed to the exhaust as the engine originally arrives. In my newbieness, can you explain if there is a benefit to this? power? cooler running? etc?

Back