Keeping Carbs Clean

CENTURION

Local time
11:17 AM
The Walbro on my friction drive set-up constantly gets very small debris in the needle seat, causes major rich running issues. I disassemble, clean everything and it runs a half tank or so very well, then clogs again. These little carbs seem a lot more prone to the slightest amount of contamination, compared to the Bofeng NT type carbs. Any ideas on upgrade filters or additives?

Id clean the tank first. Usually bikes that old have some flaking in the tank, and then it leads the carb to get clogged because of those particles. a good method is using medium-sized rocks and some say to tumble the tank. the rocks will get all that loose crap off and then you can clean and coat the tank.

other than that these NAPA filters work well https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NOE...-wH1C3d5ZwzbvYiZ6gaAlVNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&

I've used a chain and degreaser or white vinegar if it's rusty

Thanks, it's a new engine only a couple hrs. on it. I've cleaned the bike tank, my gas fill tanks, the filter in the tank as well. I must be getting very small debris someplace, and on these carbs it takes something the size of a 1/2 grain of salt to clog it, and make it run very bad. After a carb dis-assembly and clean it's up to full power again for about 10 minutes. I'm starting to think I may have to filter my fuel before pouring it into the bike?