Engine Trouble Keeps dieing! Randomly

Triggerhappygpc

Local time
8:44 AM
It runs great! But like when it warms up it jut dies. Maybe its coil related. It gets spark. It gets spark! And it gets fuel. I'm positive it gets alll three of those. Its seems like when it gets warmed up enough it just dies. Idk. Can anyone help me. And i replaced the junky stock spark plug with a NGK one. It does it with the stock spark plug to. Any help would be appreciated

take plug out head leave plugged in to cdi hold in hand and peddle down the road if it shocks you u got spark if it don't then u don't and it takes like 3 to 4 miles for these china engines to fully warm up I would say. also if u state how many miles you have put on the engine the type an good stuff you will get more replies

without more info, I'd first check that there is enough oil in the fuel and that it is mixed well

another common problem is a gas cap with a bad vent hole so that your gas stops filling the carb - loosen the cap and see if it runs then

Yes. Sometimes i dont see hardly and gas flowing so I'll unscrew the gas cap just a little bit and I'll see it flow more.

another common problem is a gas cap with a bad vent hole so that your gas stops filling the carb - loosen the cap and see if it runs then

my money is on this one if its new... not much of a description on the ailment...

mmmm. money :)

right. not my area, never tried drilling out a fuel cap!

poke it with some wire before drilling ;)

just pop the line off the carb, and drain fuel into a cup...youll soon see if the cap is the problem!

Last edited:
Is the choke coming off completely? How does your spark plug look, wet, dry, dark or light?

Did you use the factory electrical connectors or did you cut & solder?

If your having a spark related failure you plug will most likely be wet.

If you having a fuel starvation problem your plug should be dry and light in color. Over fueling your plug will be wet. A dark plug is normal.

Random electrical failures from poor connections can be diagnosed by wiggling 'n jiggling the wires while the engine is running.

Intermittent failure can be a SOB to find. I would start with a plug, do some wiggin' & jiggin', check your fuel filter and see what happens. At least your bike restarts after it dies. That's a very good thing.

Let us know what your find.

Back