Carby Keihin carb clone

thats what i was getting at... all you can do is reduce their size, or make them "richer". if you need leaner, its a matter of yes..raising the clip, but also with the emery paper...theres no real accuracy, its just guesswork and experience at play. unless you can make them yourself but that is a huge job for what appears to be a dead simple and basic item.

whereas real keihin and mikuni needles come in a huge variety of sizes, with different tapers at different points.

mikunineedle.JPG

just a small selection...note the diameters are in thousandths of a millimeter!

theres no guarantee with a clone carb that the needle will even be at the same height when placed in two different(but identical) slides! simply because on slide may be marginally deeper than the other where the e-clip sits.

which can be a pain in the rear if you want to fiddle around with adjusting the slides cutaway and decide you overdid it and want to go back to stock. the cutaway works in reverse to the needle though. increasing cutaway makes it leaner. very easy to go too far, very hard to return to stock.

I have that set up I bought mine from Gasbike.net it's the GT80 set up only thing is mine didn't come with a spacer for the reed valve box intake.the top screw is an idle screw and it starts having a effect at around 3 turns out. The only problem I ever had with mine was with the filter. I drove it it the rain one time and since then it ran like s**t. At an idle it would run perfectly rev up high and everything but under a load couldn't go over to when before I was getting up to 55mph without redlining it. The problem was the filter held moisture and was to dense for air to pass through properly even though I could blow through it no problem. I took it off while riding it one day while it was raining because I was just getting pissed on how it was running. Let's face it I spent an ass of money on that setup and all the other performance upgrades to compliment it and it running that way while the stock by carb running better was unacceptable to me. Now she's running perfectly. And to answer a question earlier yes Gasbike.net also sells a nice jet kit that comes with like 11 different slow jets ranging from.30 to .40mm and main jets from .70 to .90mm and also the main jet holder all that for a cheap $25. They also have a whole bunch of performance parts CNC racing parts and everything check it out

I made a thread more vague about this so I'm making a new, more specific post.
So I'm looking for anyone that has used one of these clones with any info they can provide. Mainly I'm looking for jets for it and like tunning advice for the dang thing. Here are a couple pics to show what it looks like and show what markings are on it.
You can get a jet kit for this keihin carb clone from gasbike.net "GT 80 JETTING KIT" and an excellent PDF from DUNCAN racing, "KEIHIN CARB JETTING”, will explain everything you need to know.

to run a reed valve you either need a windowed piston a third transfer port or both A hi comp head wont give you much gains in hp if any but it cools off faster then stock head

Back