Kent Seachange questions

Thatdarncat have you ridden a motorized bicycle before?
Not until about 2-3 weeks ago.. lots of dirt bikes in the 70s...other than a moped when I was 14 in in 1974, until I got my license, then a 72 celica
I have no idea, if you can give me the measurements of the ball end of the cable and a picture I could tell ya
I would if I was near it, but I'm away from it for about a week...I was gathering up some stuff to make changes when I got back.
The reason i asked is because i use to modify cable lengths for brakes and throttle back in the 70s for the stuff I rode, and was thinking the thumb throttle assembly might have the same setup that was somewhat easy to cut to the length

Here's my favorite training videos I like to share with new members; be sure to watch all 3 videos. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

Another thing you should be aware of is from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. Motor vehicles may not realize how fast you're going and pull out in front of you. If they have their windows up and a radio on they may not hear you either.

Be sure to at least use a helmet mirror and practice lane control. You're only required to ride to the far right if the lane is wide enough for lane sharing. Meaning the lane is wide enough for a motor vehicle to clear you by 3 feet without having to switch lanes to pass. If the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing the safest place for a cyclist/MB'er is in the center of the lane; this is known as Lane Control. Riding to the far right in narrow lanes encourages motorists to do squeeze bys when passing.

Here's my favorite training videos I like to share with new members; be sure to watch all 3 videos. Being a good MB'er starts with being a good cyclist first.

Another thing you should be aware of is from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. Motor vehicles may not realize how fast you're going and pull out in front of you. If they have their windows up and a radio on they may not hear you either.

Be sure to at least use a helmet mirror and practice lane control. You're only required to ride to the far right if the lane is wide enough for lane sharing. Meaning the lane is wide enough for a motor vehicle to clear you by 3 feet without having to switch lanes to pass. If the lane isn't wide enough for lane sharing the safest place for a cyclist/MB'er is in the center of the lane; this is known as Lane Control. Riding to the far right in narrow lanes encourages motorists to do squeeze bys when passing.

Thanks sidewinder Jerry. I will check it out!

Back