Kevo from Indiana

K

kevorocker

As the title says, My nickname is Kevo and I reside in southern Indiana.

With that out of the way, I'm a new comer here and found this site after getting interested in buying an engine for one of my bikes. Obviously :p. So, Hello-

I'm considering buying an 80 (suggested) cc engine kit for a mountain bike I've had laying around for a few years. I'm sure everyone here has gotten this question before but I tried looking a little and couldn't find out what I wanted to know:

Where did you, or where is the best place to order (in your honest opinion) an 80cc engine kit that would suit my needs(as far as durability, reliability, power, etc)? I'm trying to find something that will do the job without falling apart completely after a weekend of riding.

other junk: bike wheels are 26"

I will be going up and down hills a lot.

I'd prefer a kit that will cost me under 200 dollars (before shipping)

This bike will be used for fun around the house and occasionally I go camping and need a bike to get from place to place (it's a paved camp ground with gas stations/ etc nearby)

A picture of the bike I plan to use is below.

IMG_35342.JPG

Any help I can get is appreciated.

-Kevo

Welcome to MBc.

Most of your questions can be answered by previous posts. Read, Search, and then re-search. Questions like this will get lost in this area as it is for Intros.

(all together now)...read read read the forums...

yup, start right on the main page, read all the forum titles & captions to see where stuff is, check out all the stickies you see, learn how to use the search and similar threads features, the FAQ...

if you do this right, you'll be an expert at basic installation before you even get the engine :)

welcome to MBc :cool:

PS- here's a freebie...there is no such animal as an 80cc happy-time...do your research carefully before you buy.

Welcome fellow Hoosier,
As Augi was saying, the 80cc engines sold on ebay and other places from China are all actually closer to 67cc's. It's a proven fact. Are you around Turkey run or Brown county?
Great country there. As far as service after the sale from what I have been told, Dax is the place to buy. You can catch some of his auctions on ebay or go straight to his website.
Feel free to ask any questions, especially the ones you can't find on the search tab here.

I knew it wasn't really 80cc which is why I said 80 (suggested) cc

I kinda forgot what I read before though lol

I'm from the tri-state bumpin sides with Kentucky and Illinois.

I've been to Brown County though. nice place. Went to visit though, and got there at 5:00 PM. Bad idea, everything closes around then :p

My folks live in Bedford and I used to live in Bridgeton by Rockville also got a brother that lives in Mitchel.
Nice rolling hillside down there. Great for treking.
Doc

Still there?

I knew it wasn't really 80cc which is why I said 80 (suggested) cc

I kinda forgot what I read before though lol

I'm from the tri-state bumpin sides with Kentucky and Illinois.

I've been to Brown County though. nice place. Went to visit though, and got there at 5:00 PM. Bad idea, everything closes around then :p

Hey kevorocker,

I am just across the river. That MTB looks like it will work perfectly.

I just turned my MTB into a MB and I love it so far. :)

Paul

Back