Kick Butt 2 stroke engines

Z

Zomby Builder

Has anyone here used one of these??? They look awesome. Especially the 50 cc. 5.8 HP

http://www.herdan.com/engines/

Engine 50 cc..jpg

yes, go over to the other forum and look up threads by user "Easy Rider"

he has one with a custom header set up by Lean Dean of Pipelyne / California

steve

Last edited:
I have both motors and the reason why I didn't use my 40cc 6.2 air cooled Polini is I didn't want to use such a thin chain (25) and the clutch on the Polini isn't as durable as the Morini. Also in order to get the polini to run right you need to set the clutch engagement at 6k+ rpms to get the motor to perform. For cruising around town, 6000+ rpm engagement isn't relaxing and will turn a lot of heads. The other 50cc Polini motor are water cooled. I have a 15hp 50cc BZM laying around and I'll experiment with the motor when Lean Dean starts making full suspension frames for the motorized bicycles. The good thing about the BZM is there is an air cooled conversion kit available the bad thing is...it's not cheap. A series 2 a/c polini goes for around $850 and the BZM retails for $1300+ while the conversion kit is about $350.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI EZ,

I've seen it mentioned in a few threads that a full suspension frame will be out shortly for motorized bikes....what engine will they be optimized for?...The Morini's or our standard HT engines or (hopefully) BOTH?...Any idea on cost and production dates?.....

Thanks!

Andrew

Dean's been busy as of lately and hasn't started the frames yet. After he's ready to release his Eliptical trainer, he'll have more time to work on the full suspension frames. I think he'll make them for both the HT and Italian motors.

if your going to get a engine for that price why not go with a polini? youll poo your pants-i garantee it

A new A/C Polini is about $200+ more than a new 5.8 hp Morini. Even the 9.4hp is still cheaper than a 40cc A/C polini.
Have you've ever riden anything with a Morini motor? I'm just curious.

Back