Kick start

Regalgse00

Local time
4:30 AM
So I’ve seen some videos before of people being able to just pick the back of the bike up and kick start it, without having to ride it and peddle start it that way. How are you able to do it like that. That would be great cause then I could just start up my bikes in the garage and not have to trying start it in the snow. Lol

So I’ve seen some videos before of people being able to just pick the back of the bike up and kick start it, without having to ride it and peddle start it that way. How are you able to do it like that. That would be great cause then I could just start up my bikes in the garage and not have to trying start it in the snow. Lol
If your bike starts right up when pedal starting it then you should be able to kick start it also.

A double legged center kickstand will allow you to kickstart your bike.
The rear wheel is off the ground when the bike is on the center kickstand. This allows you to start the bike by standing to one side and kicking the pedals,

I’ve tried to start the bike before with it on the kick stand and yea. That ain’t happening. I’ve never tried it when the bike was hot or not. But yea as soon as u release the clutch the back wheel just stops.

I don't understand what ya mean? Is your bike hard to start when it's cold?
If ya hold the bike by the seat or put it on a center kickstand it's the same thing when kickstarting it. As long as your bike is properly tuned
A center stand just gives ya more control. Maybe ya need a better quality Center kickstand.

DSCF7128.JPG

I used to lift the rear wheel by the seat and kick it over, but my seat is a little high to get a good lift on it. Since I put the carrier on the back it's easier to lift it by that.

This would most likely work after the bike has been running already and just trying to restart it. Right now. It’s about 5 degrees outside. And that’s when I was trying

I’ve tried to start the bike before with it on the kick stand and yea. That ain’t happening. I’ve never tried it when the bike was hot or not. But yea as soon as u release the clutch the back wheel just stops.
You would pick up the rear end or put on the kick stand then put the pedal up and release clutch and kick it over (the engine not the bike LOL) you can't expect the rear wheel to turn over the engine from inertia there is just not enough for that so you have to kick it over with your leg power clutch engaged. This is at 6 degrees cold start in the fall.

Back