Kill switch a killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The four months I've been riding my 2-stoke Skyhaw bike has been, as the Craig list's seller said it would be, a complete blast! I have not a bit of worry or moment of regret -- well not exactly, but that's nothing to do with the bike, and for another post. But this is for something that is indeed cause for worry and concern. Two, three months into the almost daily riding, maybe 5 to 10 miles a day at most, the kill switch went dead. Just wouldn't work anymore. I'd press the button, only after coasting to an almost dead stop, but the engine would still be purring pretty as ever. I'd gently release the clutch and she would halt, pretty as you please.

Couple of weeks ago I'd riding along and the engine/motor just stops. Bike keeps going with the momentum, the engine stops as if somebody pulled the plug. And it wouldn't start, after twenty or so attempts. I noticed the coil leading from the CDI seemed a bit frazzled so I ordered a souped-up CDI from bikeberry, along with a new 3-point plug (I know there's a bit of a row about this, but I have other types as well}. Took the bike out today and she still won't turn over. I hear and feel the poppin' compression, but no, just like before she won't turn.

I notice on You Tube some jokers with otherwise good working bikes are often stalled on starting because of the kill switch. Tho it's never made clear just how that keeps an otherwise good bike for turning over. Just how does that happen? Could that be at the root of my problem? If so, how did the bike continue to perform even after the switch was a goner. I'd like to order another one, but I sure would like to know if there something else I should look at which might be at fault before having to spend another week waiting for something which may not be the cause at all, get me? Appreciate any insight from you good folks.
Pull out your good ol multimeter and start checking continuity. Your problem should show itself! Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back