Kill switch wiring

jacob

Local time
2:39 PM
Hi everyone. Building myself another motored bike after the old one gave up a couple years ago. I know this topic has come up a lot and I've read through a lot of them but couldn't find the info I was looking for.
The engine is the 2 stroke 66cc and on my old engine (50cc) I had three wires coming out of the engine (out of the magneto?) - blue black and white I think. I must have looked it up back then but I didn't have any trouble connecting the kill switch. On the current engine I have now though, there is only a blue and a black wire coming out of the engine. I've connected both of them to their respective wire from the cdi but what do I do with the red and black wire coming from the kill switch?
Thanks for any help.

Oh and also I am going to try and get this thing running tomorrow morning so is it possible to run the bike without the kill switch connected at all?
Quick answer to that last question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Jacob

For, me the kill switch is a tool to keep bozos from starting motor or bike etc. You can choke kill it, but why? Need to have KS, for any number of reasons.

Plus, the simple grounding button works fine, but helps with a separate ground circuit added using typical barrel elec connections. I have my unit under seat on seat post for easy reach...

All the button does is ground the engine, so add second wire, grounded of course, that connects to engine when not in use, using barrel connections and sort of hide...my KS is just under seat, so I tuck wires up and the switch is always easy to reach.

Last edited:
Hi
The two wires are connected to the black and blue wires. Red to blue and black too black. It does not matter which way they go. The white wire you had before was used to run a light if you wanted too.
So again red too blue black too black.

Good luck, from Ireland

Back