Kill Switch Won't Work When The Engine Runs Aaway

When my engine started racing, I opened the mag cover. The seal had come completely unseated. You can see the seal after removing the mag coil and magnet. Lubricate the inner seal lip and shaft before inserting the seal. Be sure the inner seal lip slips over the shaft before seating the seal, or the inner seal lip may pucker out, and the seal tensioner spring may pop loose. I used a 19mm deep socket as a drift to seat the seal.
THANK YOU! I am tuning a new kit engine (CHEAPEST ON EBAY BABY!) and I had the same exact problem as the OP on one of my test runs. I sprayed carb cleaner around the intake, no leak. At the time, I was at my leanest notch (which is normal for my altitude) and I could tell it was leaning out. So I put it full rich and the bike purred, except when it got hot I could feel it surging while just maintaining a speed. With the helpful forum members' input, Today I sprayed my magneto cover with carb cleaner and WOW, my engine bogged down like crazy. It will be cool after I am done typing this and I will update as to what I find.

Update 1: Magneto cover off, bike cold and idling, spray carb cleaner at magneto and no bogging. However, it didnt bog when I sprayed directly into air filter when cold either... inconclusive. Once it warmed up it bogged when I sprayed the open magneto and the air filter. Pulling magneto off now.

Update 2: Pulled the magneto and the seal was jollywhacked in like British teeth. I did some tap work and got that seal nice and seated. Warmed her up and no bogging when the carb cleaner hit it and it bogged when it hit the filter. I will slap it all the way together and take it for a few mile ride and see how it does then adjust my carb again.

Update 3: After about 15 minutes of riding it started leaning out again. Pulled out the carb cleaner, hit the mag cover, engine died. I'm done for the day and until next weekend.

Thanks to everyone on this thread who put in some work to solve an issue and helped me solve it in less than an hour of my time. and this wasn't even my thread. I just happened to just have the same exact issue as the OP at almost the same timeframe.

Your descriptions and findings of what/how you diagnosed it, should be a sticky. It should be required reading for newbie bike builders.

Back