Engine Trouble Kill switch

shelagh

Local time
9:04 PM
I just got this motorized bike and it has been working fine.
I never used the kill switch until today. It did its job and killed the engine. I can peddle the bike but I can not get the engine to re engage.
I don't know if I am missing something? The engine is a 66/80cc- 2 cycle engine.

Any advice?
Thanks.

first thing to do is unplug the switch to see if it got stuck

I unplugged the switch and it seemed fine.
The chain go forward and I can ride the bike so I think it might have something to do with the clutch?
I took off the Counter shaft side cover to see if I could see anything. The pin was in place but the streaded piece was loose. I think it is suppose to be tight so I tighten it to see if that did anything. I tried the bike got it up to speed but there was nothing from the engine.
Usually I have to hold the clutch in to pop the engine and if I let go of it the bike bucks and stops. This time I let the clutch out and I was able to keep riding. Something is not catching? Not sure what to look for? clutch? pin inside shaft?
Any suggestions? I am pretty new to these bikes so it might be something simply?
Thanks.

sounds like your drive sprocket came loose and the woodruff key that locks it to shaft fell out - look around the board to see pics and how to replace that

Back