Killer Tomato

Yeah, I know it's electric. :cool:

I built this from scratch and finally finished it this weekend. 1 inch square tubing, 55 inch wheel base , 26 X 4 inch tires on 65mm rims. Its possibly the world's first full suspension sand/snow bike. 8 inches of travel in the front. 11 in the back. It carries 21 LBS of Lipo battery in the frame.

Its designed for 100 volts, but I'm only running 75 volts while I test and tune it. It can hit 40mph (39.7) at 75 volts. It has peaked at 8 horsepower so far. It should be capable of much more when I get the kinks worked out of it.

Its a Monster bike. I call it Killer Tomato.

Introducing.jpg

meandbike.jpg

That. Is. EPIC.

Props to you for the fabrication!

Be safe, and have fun!

What's the weight? And how is it driven?

Thanks all. Its around 100 lbs. The battery is a 66.6 volt (75v peak) 20 amp hour Lipo. but can be reconfigured to be an 88.8 V( 100 volt peak) 15 Amp hour battery.
The motor is in the back wheel. Its a 35lbs hub motor called a Crystalyte 5404. Its not a retail motor. Several of us from another forum got Crystalyte to make a special production of the motor. Its like An uprated version of the motor used in the Stealth Bomber Ebike. It works like a ceiling fan motor with only 1 moving part, and about as silent.

And the Bull horn bar Ends... its a Texas thing. Actually they are more about parking and handling the bike than riding. The bike is too big and heavy for a bicycle rack and I have to move it with a motorcycle hitch rack, so I need a spot for tiedowns. It also makes it easier to lay it on the ground, since a 100 lbs bike would shove the bar into the dirt. the bar end gives it a skid to lay on.

The range is... Well now that all depends on how fast I want to go. A battery thist size can take me 100+ miles with no pedaling, if I want to cruise at 12mph... But I don't. Throttle pegged and climbing a hill I can probably suck the battery dry in under 10 miles. The way I normally ride, I'll probably see 30 miles reliably, with comfortable reserve to handle anything unforseen.

Back