Killswitch in the Seat - But which seat to use?

DuctTapedGoat

Local time
9:43 AM
I'm thinking about routing the kill switch to be weight activated in the seat. The mechanics of it I know I can do, but I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions as to what seat would be both comfortable and functional for this purpose. And when I say comfortable, I mean smaller than a riding lawn mower seat, and more cozy than a 2x4.

I think your idea would be set aside quickly after you try it.
Every good bump shuts off the engine, when you come to a stop, you can't change position, can't stand on the pedals to cushion a bump's effect on your back.

I got a cloud 9 seat and it is nice.

Very good point. What triggered this thought was...

I was at WalMart the other night and noticed an electric rascal style cart in the parking lot. So, I decided to take it back inside. It seriously took me like 5-10 minutes to realize it had a trigger in the seat, rendering it immobile otherwise.

I'm hoping to use this idea as kind of a theft prevention feature, among a few other ideas, which are nothing more than fleeting ideas, such as; keyed killswitch and disabling the clutch.

Killswitch in the Seat

If You were to put a switch on the pressure switch to control when it works and when not you could choose whether or not to use it depending on the terain. Also I am currently looking into a effective way to put a small key ignition (like on a lawmower) on a home made dash to effectively kill the engine if the key isn't in. also am working on a cheap way to put a magnatized alarm on the rear or front wheel that would go off as soon as the bike was moved. Was going to go with something electric but was wondering if there was a way to wire it to a 12v, 6v battery or "White Wire". Any Ideas would be great

White wire's only gonna help you when the motor is engaged. Any other system would have to be battery operated.

I mentioned this in another thread...

Is there an antitheft thread? Keyed clutch concepts or inframe audial alarms? You can use a second smaller cable lock through an individual link on both chains. Route that cable lock to an audial alarm if the cable is cut and you got a good setup.

Just a couple other random ideas. I know this is a worry a lot of us have...

I'm not sure if there is one - as I mentioned, in another thread I asked if there was an antitheft thread, it'd probably get a lot of good action and advice. I just tend to bring it up when it denotes it. :D

Back