KilroyCD and RdKryton Whizzers are alive

We finally had some time to work on these Whizzers. We had good weather and we have both units running well. The black 2005 had many electrical issues that needed attention. We have not had it running since we got it back in November. We still have one more thing to fix. No brake lights yet. My red one didn't need as much attention. Here are a couple of pictures of Chris (KilroyCd) on them.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 362
I was concerned about the black one (a 2005 NE5 - the one in my avatar), because of the fact it had not been run since before it left Arizona in November. The wiring needed to be sorted out (and is except for my brake lights), and the belt was loose as a spring break co-ed. After a bit of tightening (more needs to be done) she fired right up. That NE5 engine purrs like a kitten. I can't wait for the belt tensioner to arrive!

The belt tensioner arrived and I put it on today (along with a set of Ambassador mirrors). It's a big improvement, but I'm sure I need to replace the drive belt. It's just too worn. I had it tighter than my boss is at raise time, yet it still slips. By the way, the Amassador mirrors are a BIG improvement in rearward visibility. They sit farther outboard than the standard (old-style with short arms) Whizzer mirrors, so you can see things approaching from behind at a greater distance then the old style standard mirrors allow. (Your arms don't get in the way as much). I strongly recommend to Whizzer owners that you consider retrofitting a pair if you can.

Last edited:
Back