KilroyCD's Whizzer goes retro

Hi all, I've been working on my NE5 to give it more of a retro look. I've started by changing the seat to a springer style with crashbar, I've taken the rear carry rack off (too modern), put vintage bow pedals on, painted the fenders Navajo White, painted the Whizzer logo on the tank yellow and added the decal on the top of the tank. I've also added a bugle horn and vintage style half-moon handlebars. I'm not done yet, but here's the bike as it currently stands:

Attachments

• 100_0946.jpg
    100_0946.jpg
    741.5 KB · Views: 753
WOW! Your lawn looks AMAZING! :D

(I'm just a bit jealous)

That bike is beautiful.

I gotta say. LF is right, on both counts. Couple nits to pick - check your mower deck level - one side is lower than the other, and I'd bet it's a wide deck riding mower, cause you are scalping the lawn on that slight ridge.

Nice NE5. I'm doing something similar on my NE5.My bike is black with some of the Chrome blacked out and red line tires on it with a reproduction Model A ford tail light.

Mine has a modified motor and I've had it up to 40 mph with lot's of throttle left.I'm still breaking it in so I haven't opened it up all the way yet.

I gotta say. LF is right, on both counts. Couple nits to pick - check your mower deck level - one side is lower than the other, and I'd bet it's a wide deck riding mower, cause you are scalping the lawn on that slight ridge.

OT - Not quite, it's a 22" push mower. It's a mulching mower, so that's why the lawn is lush. I haven't put fertilizer on it for four years.
But thanks for the comments on both the bike and the lawn!
Cheers,
-Chris

Nice NE5. I'm doing something similar on my NE5.My bike is black with some of the Chrome blacked out and red line tires on it with a reproduction Model A ford tail light.

I saw the pics you posted of your NE5. I can describe it in one word: SHARP!!!
Great looking bike!
-Chris

Back