Kings Belt Drive

I have run..

I have run both chain and belts. They both have pros, and cons. Belts are quite and last a good long time. Chains are less expensive and can be sized which is good for changing sprocket sizes. Belts can get small rocks or pieces in them and get embedded into the belt and hurt the belt real good. Belts can chirp on deceleration, this can be cured with wax, crayons ect. Belts are clean. If anyone can come up with a belt that can be sized with a master connection that is easy to connect, belts would take over. Cogged belts that is.. That would be my guess. O well.. Do what works best for that application. For some ..
It is a belt for sure, others... Chain drive is the answer. Enjoy the ride..

yup...the "jackshaft" is the perfect place to make final gearing adjustments, too :)

man, those bike's are lookin' mighty haggard ;)
(blast from the past? hehe)

haha Augie yeah, real blast alright. AND THANKS
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are belts that are made up of links and can be made to any size you want. It's been a long time but I'm sure they still make them. They have little "rivet like tips" on them and you just link them up to get the size you want.

Ya, you just put the hole over the button, push down and twist. They used to make them out of leather. They also make a flat belt with stainless clips that are called Aligator Belts. They are used a lot in conveyer belting.

Back