Kit arrives today, what tools are needed anything special?

bonescrub

Local time
6:14 AM
My kit will be arriving today. I was just wondering if there are any tools that i might not have. I have the basics drills, bit wrenches etc.. Just wondering if anything that might not have thought of?
I am planning on buying a torque wrench.

thanks

Last edited:
You're gonna have fun! Congrats.

Sounds like your tools are adequate.

If this is your first build, then take it slow. I'm fairly good with tools and steel and my first build must have taken 8 or 9 hours stretched over a couple of days. Second build was done in one afternoon. You get the idea; don't push it. Hasty mistakes will screw it up for you.

then start riding. You'll love it. And keep us filled in on rides, adjustments, modifications, etc. We can't get enough of it.

we'll see you around.

A chain breaking tool would be nice to have. I wouldn't use the master link that is provided, just use the chain breaker tool to relink the chain once you have the correct length.

Another tip: REPLACE all fasteners with US good quality bolts. The chinese **** will likely break on you. I had trouble finding studs that were as long as the stock ones so I replaced them with the correct size bolts.

Also, USE LOCKTITE on EVERY fastener. If you don't have some go buy it before your kit arives.

for a kite, probably string and sticky tape, mmm probably a lot around here will tell you thats all you need to fit a motor to a bicycle to,
oh most importantly, a brain

for a kite, probably string and sticky tape, mmm probably a lot around here will tell you thats all you need to fit a motor to a bicycle to,
oh most importantly, a brain

That's funny. I was going to reply and say he just needed some string too but you beat me to it.

Of course you might want some string and sticky tape for the motor installation as well.:D

Back