Kit came today!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by wrngway, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. wrngway

    wrngway New Member

    My 70cc HT kit from ThatsDax arrived today. It took 3 weeks from my date of order which is about what I expected given the terms on the website.

    I went through everything right away, sorting bolts, washers, and such. Looks like everything I'll need. I'll see what I can get done starting tomorrow morning!

  2. arceeguy

    arceeguy Active Member

    You'll love the HT kit. Take your time installing it, and depending on your bike, plan on a little McGyver ingenuity to get it mounted soundly and correctly. Use blue loctite on the fasteners, and don't overtorque the mounting brackets. It is pretty easy to give your ratchet a good tug and pull a stud or strip the hardware. I'd say ~12 lb/ft with thread locker is good for the engine to frame connection.
  3. Accender

    Accender Member

    Your gonna love Zipping around!

  4. bluegoatwoods

    bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

    Remember the great feeling seeing that engine and parts all spread out on your kitchen table and thinking, "It's finally here!"?

    Congratulations and welcome. As Large Fillipino says, "You've found the Fountain of Youth".
  5. Skyliner70cc

    Skyliner70cc Active Member

    Good deal, after sorting all of the nuts and bolts, throw them away along with all studs and replace with some American made stuff. You won't regret the decision.
  6. s_beaudry

    s_beaudry Member

    How those bolts strip so easily while assembling.....

    Go easy on her, and be safe!
  7. wrngway

    wrngway New Member

    Thanks all! The bike is a Schwinn Jaguar. I have just basic tools and no fabrication stuff, so it's interesting.

    The rear sprocket and engine are mounted. Locktite & lock washers on everything! The sprocket was relatively easy. Boy those brackets are something else. Several holes were off about 1/8" and they overlapped as well. But the gear itself has only the slightest amount of wobble, less than 1/16". I figure that should work just fine.

    The front mount on the engine was a PITA. Luckily the local hardware store had 24" of m6 bolt thread. I went through half of it, but the mount should do ok. It's pretty sturdy. I'll take some pictures today to see everyone's thoughts.

    Chain clearance by the tire might be an issue. The tires are 2.125". If it's too close I might try a 2" tire.

    I've been patiently holding off on upgrades until I see that it actually runs.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008