KMC 910, 1/2 x 3/16 chain

I'm using kmc HL710 from engine to jackshaft and jackshaft to crank. And kmc X8.93 from crank to rear wheel. I had to file the engine gear just a little to fit the chain. The hl710 chain made getting the chain tension right alot easier using half link chain.

It comes with a connector pin that kind of presses in then you snap it off. I've also reused a pin with no issues. It's really no different then regular chain. It's extra tough tho

I like having a master link with a clip, knowing that if I ever have to pedal home I can remove the engine chain easily without needing to carry a chain breaker

I like having a master link with a clip, knowing that if I ever have to pedal home I can remove the engine chain easily without needing to carry a chain breaker
I think sbp sells a master half link. I can remove my chain without having to take it apart so I didnt really think about the master link issue. Lol I haven't had to pedal home yet either. Touch wood

Onza KMC Kool chain 1/8" K710 has a half link factory fitted to one end, so there is no weak point (as there would from inserting a half link into a normal K710). It isn't meant to be used with any master link AFAIK just joined as you would the HL710 and used until it reaches full stretch.
There is a 3/32" version of the Onza KMC chain. :D

You could use a multi-speed KMC 3/32" chain from the motor sprocket with a reusable KMC quick link, but there has to be slack to get the quick link on, or to release it. It would only work with a tensioner.
The middle chain can usually have a tensioner and enough slack to use a quick link.

Back