KMC 910, 1/2 x 3/16 chain

I'm using kmc HL710 from engine to jackshaft and jackshaft to crank. And kmc X8.93 from crank to rear wheel. I had to file the engine gear just a little to fit the chain. The hl710 chain made getting the chain tension right alot easier using half link chain.

There's no master link though, right? How is the half link chain closed?

It comes with a connector pin that kind of presses in then you snap it off. I've also reused a pin with no issues. It's really no different then regular chain. It's extra tough tho

I like having a master link with a clip, knowing that if I ever have to pedal home I can remove the engine chain easily without needing to carry a chain breaker

I like having a master link with a clip, knowing that if I ever have to pedal home I can remove the engine chain easily without needing to carry a chain breaker
I think sbp sells a master half link. I can remove my chain without having to take it apart so I didnt really think about the master link issue. Lol I haven't had to pedal home yet either. Touch wood

Onza KMC Kool chain 1/8" K710 has a half link factory fitted to one end, so there is no weak point (as there would from inserting a half link into a normal K710). It isn't meant to be used with any master link AFAIK just joined as you would the HL710 and used until it reaches full stretch.
There is a 3/32" version of the Onza KMC chain. :D

You could use a multi-speed KMC 3/32" chain from the motor sprocket with a reusable KMC quick link, but there has to be slack to get the quick link on, or to release it. It would only work with a tensioner.
The middle chain can usually have a tensioner and enough slack to use a quick link.

Back