KMC One Speed Chain - Is This The Master Link?

yuckfoo

Local time
11:48 PM
I have this KMC One Speed chain. Is the thing I'm pointing at the master link? If so, not really sure how it works.

G0083181.JPG

What you're pointing at isn't the master link. What is to the left of your hand is the master link. There should also be a clip with it.

View attachment 159010
Yeah I can't find the clip so I wondered if this was some sort of system I wasn't familiar with. I think maybe that thing I'm pointing at is a half link? Anyway....how do I know the right master links to buy? The only experience I have with chains so far is the 415HD. I've got those down. What is the right master link for these "normal" size bike chains?

Are "normal" bike chains 410?

Will these work? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ZONKIE+Single+Speed+Removable+Quick+Split+Chain+Link+x4&ref=nb_sb_noss

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah I can't find the clip so I wondered if this was some sort of system I wasn't familiar with. I think maybe that thing I'm pointing at is a half link? Anyway....how do I know the right master links to buy? The only experience I have with chains so far is the 415HD. I've got those down. What is the right master link for these "normal" size bike chains?

Are "normal" bike chains 410?

Will these work? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ZONKIE+Single+Speed+Removable+Quick+Split+Chain+Link+x4&ref=nb_sb_noss
The link you provided is exactly what you need

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I use that same chain. It's not a "master link" per se, what you have to do is slip the part with the studs through the chain, then put the plate on top, and bend it either inward or outward (I forget which) to get the studs to clip into the plate. Haven't yet figured out how to take it apart, though; I think it's just a one time thing.

I use that same chain. It's not a "master link" per se, what you have to do is slip the part with the studs through the chain, then put the plate on top, and bend it either inward or outward (I forget which) to get the studs to clip into the plate. Haven't yet figured out how to take it apart, though; I think it's just a one time thing.
I know the kind you're talking about but the ones with the clip is a much more secure link

Ok thanks... yeah I noticed that it didn't want to clip in very easily.

Back