Knight Racer 8G T-Belt Questions...

philcoates

Local time
8:06 AM
I just bought a 49cc 4stroke kit with the Knight Racer 8G transmission.
The belt is missing and I am having a hard time finding one. From gasbike website (which is where I bought it) they say the pulley is a 100tooth.
Does anybody know who would have a replacement?
Thanks.

Hi Curt. I plan on trying to contact gasbike tommorrow. I will also send them a email. The link You posted shows that the 7G belt is for a120 tooth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 637
Thought it said 100 when i looked, sorry. They may take a while to respond, try some of the others bikeberry, bicycle engines, should be the same if its 100 thoth.........Curt

Maybe a 4G T-belt 100tooth would possibly work?
Anyone have the 8G with a belt number?

Oi this will be a hard one. When did you order/receive the kit? they have a dumb policy of like 1 week or 7 days and they'll try saying they can't get your part. It usually takes a long time for them to send the part(s) too. I bought one of those crap wide pedal cranks and it was missing the left pedal arm. I had already ordered and received a new pedal kit when they finally sent me the part unannounced.

What i would do is call bicycle engines and see what he says , good to talk to and helpful...........Curt

Oi this will be a hard one. When did you order/receive the kit? they have a dumb policy of like 1 week or 7 days and they'll try saying they can't get your part. It usually takes a long time for them to send the part(s) too. I bought one of those crap wide pedal cranks and it was missing the left pedal arm. I had already ordered and received a new pedal kit when they finally sent me the part unannounced.
What i would do is call bicycle engines and see what he says , good to talk to and helpful...........Curt

Curious, from the photo I posted, does this even look like a 8G trans? What gear is supposed to be freewheeling? I thought the 100tooth gear/pulley was.
I ordered the kit from Gasbike Jan. 9th. I got the parts kit about a week from the ordered date. Just received the Bicycle on the 1st. of Feb.
I didnt know the belt was missing till I removed the cover. I should have tore into the parts boxes a bit deeper to check for missing items.
I emailed gasbike on the 25th asking if they had a tracking number for the the second package. (the bike). Two days later, they sent me a tracking number and the bike showed up on the 1st. They didnt even ship the bike till I emailed them. I dont think I will be getting anything from that company again. Scary thing is, I pre-purchased on of those Phatmoto Rovers from them. I just hope it shows up!

I am going to call Bicycle engines today when i get a chance and see what they have to say.
I am new to this hobby and I should have read some reviews on Gasbike before I bought from them.

Oh ya the phatmoto top speed is 25mph. When they sent me the email I knew better than to order one. When I called about my pedals it was a Chinese lady I could barely understand. Best thing to do is piece a build together with Japanese, American or Taiwanese parts/motor. Centrifugal clutch seems more reliable too. You don’t have to grease it and replace pads all the time. I have seen posts from just a few years ago with Tanaka, Mitsubishi, Subaru and zenoah motors but the only ones you can get are the clones and some of the zenoahs. There are a few sites that have Tanakas but they aren’t cheap (these are all Japanese motors). Sadly owners/situations change and they’ve discontinued a lot of these great engines.

Last edited:
Back