KTM Build

I've never seen a front wheel bend like that from just going 15 mph, It must of got damaged more when ya flipped
Good thing ya landed on your head and didn't get hurt :LOL:
Too bad the muffler burned your leg OUCH that takes 2 weeks to heal
It’s been 7 months and my leg is still bald 😂 I don’t think it’s going to come back.

Or get rid of that problem entirely and go with mag rims with disk brakes like I did...lol.
Many of the department store mountain bikes are now coming stock with double-walled rims. So it's just a matter of making sure the spokes are tight and the rims are true. One should replace the stock axle with a cro-molly one on the freewheel hubs. This is usually the cheapest safe option when using a department store mountain bike.

I don't think the 7-speed cruiser bikes are using double-walled rims. So just like the single-speed cruisers replace the wheels with 3-spoke mags. This will be the cheapest safe option when using a department store cruiser.

I don't think the 7-speed cruiser bikes are using double-walled rims. So just like the single-speed cruisers replace the wheels with 3-spoke mags. This will be the cheapest safe option when using a department store cruiser.
Our 7spd Giant cruiser bikes are double walled.

Well it's a giant not a department store bike that's probably why I love giants though they make some amazing bikes

Well it's a giant, not a department store bike that's probably why I love giants though they make some amazing bikes
Giant, also has a department store line of bikes. They aren't exclusively only in bicycle shops; though they do have lines that are exclusively in bike shops.

Made a mistake on this one, got some coffee on this 4°F morning. That was a Second-hand bike store I saw the Giants in.

The thing that sets our motorized bicycles apart from mini bikes and regular dirt bikes or street cycles is.....the pedals.
With all the pedal assist E-bikes we sort of fly under the radar with them.
The law doesn’t usually fool with us.
I don’t know about other jurisdictions but here the law snatches up mini bikes and 4 wheelers quick..dirt bikes too.
Can’t say it’ll never happen but in over a year on the street with my bike I have never been stopped…thankfully.
If that day ever comes around I’m not sure how I would continue to ride where and how I do. If an officer tickets me my motorized bike days will probably end because it’s not gonna happen a second time.
I’d be forced to go legal and buy a motorcycle.
I've been stopped twice in 2 years.. first two weeks it was built. Had no lights.. now I have lights, I haven't been stopped.. I have had one pull up on me at a light to tell me "slow tf down! Speed limits 45 not 52!" Whoops.. 😄

If you're still going thru with this, I would seriously consider what these guys are saying.. fast is fun but not when it's super sketchy on a bike that isn't purpose built to be fast. Wheels are the absolute main thing to look at. If they aren't made for speed or durability they'll tear themselves to pieces or the bearings will just weld together inside the hubs and lock up. That's no fun, trust me, I've had it happen. Brakes.. if the wheels aren't made for speed then they don't need to stop quickly so I'm sure they won't be setup for discs. Your build sounds badass for sure but it's not that badass if its not ridable. Ghettobike.com has some really nice wheels you might wanna look into for this. They've also got a set of pitbike forks with dual hydraulic calipers and rotors. They definitely aren't cheap but neither is a trip to the ER.. so I'm gonna have to agree on the $4k or so spent to build a really fast bike. There's good, fast and cheap but you can only have 2. Fast and cheap, it won't be good. Good and fast, won't be cheap. Good and cheap, it definitely won't be fast.. good luck tho, hopefully you can get it done. Keep us posted

Back