Lacing wheels

Regalgse00

Local time
11:11 AM
Not sure if you can do this or not. But I have a heavy duty wheel I wanna use for the front with disc brakes. But the bad part is. The wheels sits off to one side. So I was thinking I could get a new hub and reuse the rim and spokes. Is that even possible or no?

Not sure if you can do this or not. But I have a heavy duty wheel I wanna use for the front with disc brakes. But the bad part is. The wheels sits off to one side. So I was thinking I could get a new hub and reuse the rim and spokes. Is that even possible or no?
It's sits off to one side because it's a dished wheel. Meaning the spokes are longer on one side than the other. You won't be able to reuse the spokes with a different hub either because spoke length is determined by the E.R.D of the rim and the diameter of the hub flange. Dishing your wheel from one side to the other also affects spoke length.
You'll need to determine your E.R.D and hub flange diameter and then just order new spokes. This is the spoke calculators I use when I make wheels.

I did that with the gear hub assembly still on bent every spoke but guess what the spokes in my theory of operation of tightening are all pulling not pushing, however other problems existed bad bike frame design for a skewer axel!

It's sits off to one side because it's a dished wheel. Meaning the spokes are longer on one side than the other. You won't be able to reuse the spokes with a different hub either because spoke length is determined by the E.R.D of the rim and the diameter of the hub flange. Dishing your wheel from one side to the other also affects spoke length.
You'll need to determine your E.R.D and hub flange diameter and then just order new spokes. This is the spoke calculators I use when I make wheels.
I've built several wheels over the last several years which involved dishing the wheel. I haven't as of yet needed to use different length spokes.

I did that with the gear hub assembly still on bent every spoke but guess what the spokes in my theory of operation of tightening are all pulling not pushing, however other problems existed bad bike frame design for a skewer axel!
If you don't have the proper tools and skills for wheel building; you're doomed for failure. QR axles can be converted to through axles.

Back