Carby Large air bubbles in fuel lines normal? (NT Carb)

Aikaru

Local time
4:12 AM
Are large air bubbles in fuel lines normal? The bike seems to operate just fine with no hesitation, but i noticed a large air bubble in my fuel filter and in my fuel lines...I also noticed a bit of gas surrounding the seal of my primer on my carb, but it's not leaking enough to drip. Is any of this cause for concern?

Are large air bubbles in fuel lines normal? The bike seems to operate just fine with no hesitation, but i noticed a large air bubble in my fuel filter and in my fuel lines...I also noticed a bit of gas surrounding the seal of my primer on my carb, but it's not leaking enough to drip. Is any of this cause for concern?
Nope...Thats all fairly normal...DAMIEN

They make a different kind of filter if it bothers you. They are flat. Like big D said though, it's pretty normal to see. Just got to make sure you have enough line after the filter to let it settle after foaming from the vibrations. Seems you have enough if it isn't causing your bike to lean surge.

They make a different kind of filter if it bothers you. They are flat. Like big D said though, it's pretty normal to see. Just got to make sure you have enough line after the filter to let it settle after foaming from the vibrations. Seems you have enough if it isn't causing your bike to lean surge.
Lmao I was riding my bike and I believe my entire coaster brake assembly just failed. It is currently "ghost-pedaling" both forwards and backwards, meaning no matter what it will not freewheel anymore.

Lmao I was riding my bike and I believe my entire coaster brake assembly just failed. It is currently "ghost-pedaling" both forwards and backwards, meaning no matter what it will not freewheel anymore.
YEP...I think you got that one right...coaster brakes are a known failure point...thats why i changed both my rims out for mag wheels instead with disk brakes...no spokes to "true", no coaster brakes to break...DAMIEN

to much grease in the cone lock area. check it, clean it. Only lightly apply some red and tacky ( grease, lithium grease works well here too) to the pad stop area. An lightly grease the bearings with red and tacky. The grease migrates to the frictions grip area for the drive lock/cone. An when I say lightly in the pad stop area of the hub, I'm talking just enough to make it slick, you should barely even see a streak, make it super thin there. And no grease in the cone lock grip area, make sure it is clean and dry.

YEP...I think you got that one right...coaster brakes are a known failure point...thats why i changed both my rims out for mag wheels instead with disk brakes...no spokes to "true", no coaster brakes to break...DAMIEN
Ol' red has her coasters. They work great, but I know how to care for them properly. Great emergency brake to have.

Ol' red has her coasters. They work great, but I know how to care for them properly. Great emergency brake to have.
I mean it's a new bike and I didn't hear any odd sound so I highly doubt something broke...it would make sense I need to regrease it since I wasn't able to put the dust cap back on and offroad a lot...(also it came with really bad grease)

Back