Large Sprocket | Torque Exhaust - Need Dead Stop Power

You can get any gear you want custom made here: http://www.rebelgears.com/chainleng...-Bn3hCH1Y_TJAV1QJsNYTKBCT5oMPN3D3Q7xswX4UOPFA

If I remember correctly (been a long time since I had my bike), something in the 52-55 tooth range was the biggest common sprocket available.

Exhaust...best mod you can do for any 2 stroke but it won't change much at extremely low rpm. Usually mid to high rpm is where it helps the most.

Thanks Bullfrog! One way or the other, I think I am building out (at first) a torque oriented bike. Based on replies, it does seem like a bigger sprocket is simply just going to accomplish that goal (for anyone trying to stay stock as possible). Then maybe, one can upgrade the exhaust to put some icing on the cake.

I am feeling like I need to upload a video of this hill I am trying to go up. Its like a 45° angle.

I think you will be satisfied with a 56 tooth. Your top speed suffers but it is a lot of fun. I had a few steep inclines no longer than a driveway on my daily route. I would slow way down right before the incline then gas up it really quick. I've never been on a dirtbike but I'd imagine that is kind of what one feels like.

I am running a 36 tooth right now, I cross over a small (200 yardsish) bridge on my commute and the uphill part slows me down a good 3-4 mph.

There's one thing of being able to build up speed to tackle a hill, but if a car comes and I have to pull out of the way or slow down for some reason this thing currently will not take it well.

Everything is a compromise, if you get it to where it climbs hills good you won’t have any speed on the flats, a good expansion chamber and proper silencer will give bottom end torque, I have one on each of my bikes and one for the bike I’m building.

Attachments

• A691C2C9-902D-446E-826F-091A72EDF033.jpeg
    A691C2C9-902D-446E-826F-091A72EDF033.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 110
  • D7D63958-5D7C-4CFA-AE44-2560C7E7B975.jpeg
    D7D63958-5D7C-4CFA-AE44-2560C7E7B975.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 103
Everything is a compromise if you get it to where it climbs hills good you won’t have any speed on the flats, a good expansion chamber and proper silencer will give bottom end torque, I have one on each of my bikes and one for the bike I’m building.
Do you have a link to the muffler your useing?

The pipe was donated to me, from the design and welding it looks like it’s a CDHpower pipe. The silencer I made from parts I had on hand.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The right pipe will help with the low end, if the pipe has a pretty long header then you will get more low end but it will be nothing as good as the higher tooth sprocket will give you for hill climbing. That is to say, you will get much more out of a 55+ tooth sprocket than the pipe.

My pipe would crack and start to sound great... I hollowed out a banana pipe at first then I did a kx85 pipe... Then a muffler from the original pipe... I cut off the muffler and at about 11-12 inches the straight pipe would come into it... The straight pipe was only good flat out... It made it sound badass and flames from it at night were my only light... The zoomie exaust is what will make the most power but I like the dirt bike sounds the mz65 and kx pipes make... Your never going to get around the geometry of the bicycle and capibility of the engine... It's a 100+ year old technology at best...

Back